Enrichment Centre for Young Adults with Autism NOW OPEN!
Enrichment Centre for young adults with autism and special needs
opened in Lakeside by The Academy for Adults with Autism
NPO 054-368 a registered non-profit and public benefit organization
The Centre provides….
- A safe and caring environment for young adults and school leavers with autism, special needs and development delay,
who would otherwise have no place to go during their day
- A structured daily program incorporating:
- craft activities – taking into account the individual’s talents and abilities
- encouragement of independent life skills
- constant supervision by qualified and experienced staff
- behavioural management
- opportunity for socialization and practicing skills required in this area
- exercise with supervision and advice of therapists and trained facilitator
- supervised leisure time and opportunities to socialize and practice useful communication
- constructive activities eg. puzzles, gardening, etc as these are used as learning tools in the person that has developmental delay
and severe learning difficulties and have proven to be therapeutic
- occasional outings to places of natural beauty – the beach, forest, parks – and daily walks
- use of communication to practice good manners at all times – at the centre and when out in public
- specialized speech therapy, under guidance of highly qualified and experienced therapist
- Production of items that can be sold and funds attained then used to purchase further materials required at the Centre
Parents are most welcome to contact us for further information, details as below.
Items still required for the Enrichment Centre:
- Educational games, puzzles and books
- Art materials, paper, paint, clay, paint brushes, glue, etc
As we are a registered non-profit and public benefit organization, we rely on donations and fund-raising efforts to cover our expenses.
We are a Section 18(a) company and issue tax exemption certificates on request for donations.
If the public would like to assist in any way or for further information please contact Debbie on 021 788 7652 or 071 933 0535. Or contact us via email or website