Donors are requested and encouraged to assist with the funding of this project to make this vision become a reality.
Planning of the establishment of a Residential Home in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, South Africa, is underway. The organisation is planning to set up a home where approximately 5 to 8 autistic adults will reside, with support and care, as required.
The residents will be encouraged to be active, engaged in occupation on a daily basis, to participate in activities within the home and to be as independent as possible.
This project aims to provide persons with autism, and families living with a person with autism, in their adult years by:
- Providing a safe, supportive and protective environment and community, where autistic adults who might require constant supervision and guidance, will reside.
- Residents, the beneficiaries of this service, will be offered opportunities to develop to their full potential.
- Support families and parents by providing relief from the constant caring and managing of the adult with ASD
- Create vocational opportunities and activities which provide occupational satisfaction and enjoyment for the participating residents
- Arts and Crafts
- Organic Gardening
- Housekeeping routines under supervision:
- Light maintenance
For enquiries and further information of any interested persons and families – please contact us.